Wednesday, January 10, 2007

first post


Don't you just hate first posts? You have to think of something clever to talk about, and frankly, I can't think of anything. :)

It's the beginning of a new year, and I figured I really needed to start "delurking". I LOVE looking around at some of the crafty blogs, full of knitting pictures that I adore, and of course the generous free patterns.

Last year was a big year for me. I got married to my boyfriend of 2 years in October! Funny thing is, we met online. Online dating worked for us, although it was probably because we lived near each other, but chose to talk online and get to know each other well before we actually met.

We got married in beautiful Maui, on October 20th. The day before we left there was the earthquake in Hawaii (which of course has not occured for over 30 years). Luckily for us, all was not damaged, and our wedding proceeded without a hitch.

Alright. Enough cheesiness.

On with the knitting.

1 comment:

natasha said...

holy crap are you guys gorgeous! my brother and his wife met online and they also lived nearby each other and are a match made in heaven. and neither of them signed up for the online dating, her mom did it for her, and his friends did it for him because he was miserable and moping. if i was single, i think i would do internet dating, it really just makes more sense. you can get rid of the people that you have nothing in common with without having to actually meet them.

my husband and i really wanted to get married on the beach, but went to vegas with friends and family in the end. i would like to have another ceremony on an anniversary and do it on the beach that time. you had the right idea!